Bed Bugs Control
The bed bugs are a type of insect which can cause severe damages which include the skin rashes and other allergicreactions on the skin. The bed bugs are one of the kinds of troublesome insects which are threats to the human race.
Bed bugs are very dangerous and challenging pests. It is very difficult to get rid of them once they infest the house or premises. Bed bugs removal requires special training and knowledge for effective treatment. It is advisable to seek professional assistance if you wish to solve the bed bug problem on your premises. APMT offers the most effective bed bug treatment in Odisha. Our well-experienced technicians are trained to identify the signs of bed bug infestation. They can help detect the infestation at the earliest and stop it from spreading rapidly.
What are Bed Bugs? How are they harmful?
Bed bugs are wingless and flat bloodsucking insects. They are small in size, generally, less than 7mm in length having long antennas. Bed Bugs are parasites that feed on our blood, resulting in extreme itching which can give us sleepless nights. They also attack furniture, beds, mattresses etc. and damage them.
Their infestation begins generally in the bedrooms, spreading fast to other parts of the house. Having bedbugs in the house can be very risky for everyone especially children.
Female bed bugs can lay up to five eggs each day and up to 200 to 500 eggs in their lifetime. At normal room temperatures and sufficient blood to suck on, bed bugs have a life of almost 300 days. They are nocturnal insects and they harbour themselves in cracks and crevices of furniture and bed linen and mattresses.
How to identify a bed bug infestation?
Are you experiencing burning and itching on the skin and see raised, red welts on it, they can be marks of bed bug bites. Marks of blood on the bedsheets and linen can also be an indication of a bed bug infestation in your room. Bed bug faecal matter leaves stains on fabric, so if you notice these stains on your bed sheets or linen, there may be bed bug infestation. APMT Pest Control is one of the best bed bug treatment providers in Odisha.
Our highly efficient, trained team can help analyse and find out the reason behind the infestation. We can offer you the best solution to eliminate bed bugs permanently. We provide affordable bed bug pest control services using the best insecticides.
Characteristics of the Bed Bugs
The bed bugs are tough to distinguish. Therefore, you need to know the essential features to identify the bed bugs.
- Generally, the bed bugs appear to be the size of an apple seed. The long and brown and oval shape of the body mainly comes at the size of the 5-7 mm long.
- Elongated and the color of the bed bugs are generally comes in between the red and brown.
- The bugs are smelly, and you may get the ‘musty-sweetish’ odor from the bugs.
- The life cycle of the bed bugs usually revolves around the fifth stage of the nymph.
The Different Methods of controlling theBed Bugs
To the untrained eye, the bed bugs are complicated to trace at the different location of the house. In addition to that, you need to understand that the bed bugs can quickly multiply within six months of time. Therefore, early detection is crucial and most importantly, the detection at the first stage of the breeding life cycle can control the bed bugs. However, the pest control has taken some effective measurements to prevent the attack of the bed bugs.
The first and foremost stage of the bed bugs control is that assess the area with the pest control professionals. After the inspection, a proper infestation is required to control the bed bugs. The cleaning up the clutter and the anti-bed bug control chemical can help to prevent the attack of this insect.
Third and the most important thing is that to monitor the progress. In a nutshell, the bed bug control is not a daunting task if you hire a right pesticide company for your house.
Heat treatment against Bed Bugs
On the other hand, If the infestation is too severe, then we can resort to the so-called heat treatment (killing bed bugs with heat). Here is how it works:
- The pest technician will carry out an initial inspection and prepare your property for the service.
- The specialist will use an electric or diesel-fueled heater to raise the temperature of each room up to 56°C. This will kill bugs in all stages of development, regardless if they are in or out of sight.
- Once the treatment is done and if the expert deems it necessary, he can return two weeks later to treat all recently infested areas with an insecticide spray to ensure best results.
Steam Treatment against Bed Bugs
The steam treatment is an effective eco-friendly alternative to the traditional bed bug control service. The difference comes from the fact that there are no pesticides used to perform the steam treatment service, only steamers and fabric detergents, applied on the furniture. The detergent is used to wash the faecal matter of the bed bugs and wash away their eggs.
The steam used in steam treatment is heated up to 180 °C which is more than enough to eliminate all stages of the bed bugs. The service is suitable for lighter infestations, where the affected areas are well established by the professional. It is cheaper, and less time-consuming than heat treatment, but not as effective for severe infestation. Although steam can aid bed bug removal, the most effective method of bed bug pest control is the Heat Treatment, when done by professionals. Before both services, your property will be inspected by a professional and he will aid you in your choice of action. The final decision is up to you.
However, bed bug steam control is a valuable option for many cases where the owner realised the problem earlier and took action on time. It is also important to mention that the steam treatment would be cheaper than heat treating your property. Rely on the professionalism of the pest technicians to aid you in choosing the best service for your case, as they have nothing else in mind than providing you with the most cost-effective and efficient service.
• Our team will scrutinize the whole premise methodically checking each and every nook and corner, especially places like beds, mattresses, pillows, linen, sofa chairs etc.
• An insecticidal spray is then monitored to all cracks and crevices in furniture, bed joints and other furniture. Mattress, bedding and creases are treated with a light spray.
• In the first treatment, the bed bugs are terminated however since the bed bug eggs are not affected by the insecticide spray, a second bed bug treatment is followed up after a period of two weeks to control the new hatchlings.
• We use government approved chemicals that are safe and effective. They act fast and provide instant relief.
• Our teams are available even at short notice for heavy infestations which need urgent action.
Our bed bugs pest control service is highly effective and will eliminate the infestation of bed bugs on your property. We will ensure that post-treatment no bed bugs are found in the infected places and you have a complete bed bug free environment.
APMT Pest Control offers 2 plans for bed bugs treatment. Depending on the severity of infestation you can avail one of the services for your premises.
• Our 45 Days service includes 2 services within the time period. An interval of 15 days is required between 2 services. The 45 Days Service plan offers a protection warranty of up to 6 months.
• Our 90 Days service includes 4 services within the time period. An interval of 15 days is required between 2 services. The 90 Days Service plan offers a protection warranty of up to 1 year.