Amarnath Pest Management Technology provides cost effective and reliable Termite Control in Odisha. Termites can cause serious structural damage to buildings, crops or plantation forests.Termites live in colonies with several millions of individuals. Please don't Avoid Termites attack near to you.
What are Termites
The termites commonly found are called subterranean termites because they live underground. Termite colonies are highly organized societies of several hundred thousand to 1 million or more individuals within a loose collection of underground tunnels and chambers. Workers (1/8-inch, creamy white, wingless, segmented body, bead-like antennae) are the most numerous members of the colony. They build and maintain the nest, care for the immature, and forage for food to eat and carry back to the nest. Termite food consists of wood and other cellulose products such as paper and cardboard. Reproductive, i.e., queens and kings, produce the new offspring, while soldiers guard the colony from invasion. Swarmers (3/8-inch, straight-sided, black body, silver wings) are male and female adults that emerge from well-established colonies to attempt to establish new colonies.
Damages Done By Termites
The wood eating habit of these termites make them feed on any type of wooden articles. As they remain concealed to protect themselves from unfavorable climate, it is difficult to detect them until major damage has been done. As soon as they enter a building they do not limit themselves to wood but infest other things made up of cellulose. Termites have a major entry to a building is through soil., but can even be transmitted through soft plastics, plaster, rubber and sealants such as silicon rubber and acrylics and construction materials. Any material which is in direct contact with the soil such as trees, vines or plumbing fixtures -- serves as an avenue of infestation.
Signs Of Termite Presence
There are three different signs of termite presence.
- Swarmers- Presence of swarmer on the window sills, indoor lights detects the activity of these termites. Swarmers if found outside the premise is a natural phenomenon but it should not be taken for granted as it could lead to severe damage.
- Wings- Swarmer discard their wings. These discarded wings also indicates termite presence.
- Rotten/ Damaged Wood- Hollow, damaged and rotten wood clues for the presence of termites. If a wood gives a thudding sound on beaten up, should examined for termites. Presence of soil mounds near your premise also indicates presence of termites.
Control & Prevention Tips
- Proper Cleanliness of the premise
- Remove all old wooden debris, clothes, etc
- Get your premise an anti-termite treatment pre/post construction.
- Keep all wood away from soil's contact.
- Go for routine check up of the premise by professional and experienced termite control company.