Rodent Control Management for Rats and Mice
Rats and mice are not just a nuisance but they also transmit diseases and cause property damage. They are one of the most challenging enemies of the man in the animal kingdom. To get rid of them. We adopt some measure like getting a pest control for rats to prevent from infestation and transmitting diseases.
You will know about a rodent infestation when you see the droppings near a food source or shredded paper and fabric lying everywhere in your house & office. To stop them from destroying your valuable property & documents you should get a rodent control treatment to get rid of them for a longer period of time.
Rodent Pest Control Services
• Rats – Rats are intuitive and do not trust new things in their surroundings like traps and baits kept to capture them. They colonize and live in burrows, under concrete, in-wall holes difficult to reach places. They can carry and transmit a number of diseases. They will also bring along with them disease-carrying parasites like fleas and ticks to your premises.
• Mice – Mice enter and try to infest the premises in search of food, water and warmth.
Rodents show Widespread presence in these Species Categories
The Roof Rats
You will usually see these rats on the roofs of the structures and these rats are good at climbing. They prefer to live in areas of the house like ceilings and attics. You will also notice the nest of such rodents in dense vegetation, piles of debris and wood, and over the trees. The nests are usually found in the citrus and avocado trees. The favourite things to eat for these rodents are cat, snail, and dog kibble.
The Norway Rats
These are not climbers and they prefer to stay at the lower levels of the structures. You will see them in crawl spaces, on the voids of the walls, in the storage rooms, or any messy area that is not used. In terms of outdoors, they make their nests in storm drains, sewers, and burrows on the ground. Norway rats like to eat protein and carbohydrate-rich food but they even eat items like soap.
The House Mouse
These are the smallest among the rat species and they are good at climbing. They are similar to Norway rats in their nesting patterns, and they usually stick to the ground when making nests.
The Bandicoots are the most aggressive among the rat species and they are also the biggest in size. They are great at burrowing and can cause structural damage to the buildings through their burrowing. They are known to burrow on the floor and ground, and also spoil the stored goods.
Rodent facts you should know:
Rodents have huge front teeth which help them gnaw on things. They chew on anything available, resulting in significant loss and damage to the property. They are fast breeders, some species breed all through the year, constantly increasing their population.
They can easily fit into the smallest of holes and cracks, hence one needs to ensure there are no holes or cracks in the premise, where they can enter and make their home.
All such holes should be covered up to prevent the entry and reentry of rodents. A rodent pest control services company can help you in handling the rodent menace.
How do you keep rodents away from your house or premises?
Rats and rodents come to your house or premises in search of water, food and shelter. To keep the rodents away:
• Fill up any cracks or holes through which they can enter your house
• Don’t keep uncovered food out in the open, this attracts them to your house
• Set traps and baits at places frequently visited by the rodents
• Contact professional rodent control services company in case of any rodent problem on your premises